I'm wondering what these two pieces are on my frame between the steering box and the cab.
Any idea?
![]()
?
What is this on my frame? 95 FLD 120
Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by Dino soar, Aug 29, 2019.
Page 1 of 3
-
-
Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds
Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.
-
It's a head scratch-er to me. I wonder if the front bottle is some kind of oil seperator driven by air and the rear bottle has to do with power steering in some way.
It's a guess. I don't recall having those on the frame of the one I had.
In the old days a old trucker once told me to follow the hoses. Where they go to and from. They usually went to something else.Dino soar Thanks this. -
That looks like an oil centrifuge. But if that's a Cummins 855 big cam is guess it is a fuel air seperator system. Like FASS. That truck may have been to Pittsburgh power at one time.
-
Haven’t a clue what the front one is, but the rear one is bulk either.
Dino soar and Intothesunset Thank this. -
That's the funny thing. It doesn't look like there are any hoses or anything going to either one of them.x1Heavy Thanks this.
-
Dare I say go ahead and unbolt them? Do you think she runs well without showing a loss due to those two not hooked to anything? It would be defensive in act to prevent tinpot DOT from writing you up.Intothesunset Thanks this.
-
I should have been more specific about the year of the truck. The truck is a 95 Freightliner fld120.
That is a big cam engine that I put in.Intothesunset and x1Heavy Thank this. -
The big cam threw me off, I had a similar FLD120 as in my avatar, just having a hard time recalling if I had anything that far up the frame next to the Detriot 60 that was in mine. Frankly all I worried about on that side is fuel filters, steer and associated and so on.
If they are not attached by hose to do anything, unbolt them from the frame saving the original bolts to fill the holes left behind maybe.Dino soar Thanks this. -
Yeah I was planning on taking them off I'm just curious what it is that I'm taking off, LOL.
The original engine was a series 60 if that matters.Intothesunset and x1Heavy Thank this. -
LH is a bypassed fuel water separator that looks like it may have been heated as well. Looks similar to some Racor models I have seen in the past.
The RH is a ether injector.Rideandrepair, Intothesunset, Dino soar and 2 others Thank this.
Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds
Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.
Page 1 of 3

