I have a question regarding Volvos factory warranty (bumper to bumper) Does the factory 250k / 500k extended for the majors, 750k tranny follow the truck, or is it something only the original owner of the truck can use?
I want to know if someone buys a used truck from a private party or a used truck sales dealer would that warranty be honored by volvo? I had to make an account to ask this question because I can't find a thread that answers it for me.
Thank you.
Volvo warranty confusion
Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Kayden600, Feb 6, 2020.
Page 1 of 2
-
-
Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds
Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.
-
only from a car extended warranty, that i am familiar with, the warranty (if it is an extend one that you pay for) there is usually a transfer fee to the new owner. if they don;t pay, they don;t get it.
however, many "standard" warranties go with the vehicle until it expires either by miles or months.
so is that tranny warranty with in the standard or extended..???Kayden600 Thanks this. -
Warranty. The I-Shift transmission is backed by one of the industry's leading warranties: up to 5 years/ 750,000 miles/15,000 hours on the transmission, and 3 years/300,000 miles on the clutch for over the road applications.
Kayden600 Thanks this. -
Okay. So by my understanding whether the truck is bought new or from a used dealer or private party the standard or (factory warranty) would still be honored.
mover man Thanks this. -
only "up to" the hours or miles, which ever comes first.Kayden600 Thanks this.
-
Thank you for clarifying that, it helps a lot.
buddyd157 Thanks this. -
I knew a guy that got the bumper to bumper extend warranty and he said Volvo also had engine hours limit on the warranty.
Kayden600 Thanks this. -
I would think, not 100% positive, that the warranty is most likely prorated. 500k or 750k probably won't be much value. Although anything is better than nothing. Haven't had much experience with warranties on anything large since the trucks I have purchased since 1982 have all been used. With the "good luck" warranty. Someone may likely give us, we, some details on the subject.?Kayden600 Thanks this.
-
@kayden, are the people on this forum going to pay for your repairs if their answers to your warranty questions are wrong? I would get warranty info on a product from the people who make/sell the product, and I'd ask for it in writing.
Kayden600 Thanks this. -
You're right, when it comes to details like this I agree that in writing is the way to go. Thank you.
Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds
Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.
Page 1 of 2