Tiger truckstop Grosse Tete LA.

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by AZ Pete, Mar 16, 2018.

  1. AZ Pete

    AZ Pete Medium Load Member

    483
    853
    Dec 27, 2017
    0
    Used to be my favorite truckstop in the entire country. Been over 15 years since I’ve been through. Stopped tonight. I was severely underwhelmed. Foodreally wasn’t that good. Course, back in the day it closed at 9 I think. Now it’s open 24 hours. I have no idea if the ladies that used to be in the kitchen are still here. But they definitely were not tonight.
    Very disappointed.
     
    Tall Mike Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

    Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

    Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

  3. rabbiporkchop

    rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

    9,688
    6,561
    Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    0
    Last I checked the tiger passed away. Did they get another one? I know the state was trying to prevent them from getting another one.
     
  4. d281833

    d281833 Heavy Load Member

    881
    919
    May 15, 2012
    0
    I saw it last year, year before maybe? Anyways the place was a complete dump.
     
    rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  5. Grumppy

    Grumppy Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

    3,309
    11,896
    Dec 11, 2010
    West Monroe, La
    0
    I havent been there but, I have a buddy who used to live near there & goes back to the area occasionally & he still talks good about the food. Maybe it was just a bad night? Oh well, I cant say anything good or bad, but hopefully, if you go back sometimes, it'll be better.
     
  6. Muddydog79

    Muddydog79 Heavy Load Member

    820
    2,147
    Apr 14, 2016
    0
    I dont know if I could trust a cook in a truck stop in “Gross Teat” La anyways.
     
  7. Tall Mike

    Tall Mike Road Train Member

    8,250
    42,857
    Aug 20, 2014
    New York State
    0
    I was a regular there for many years sometimes twice a week.

    They got scratched off my list about three years ago.
     
    stwik and AZ Pete Thank this.
  8. AZ Pete

    AZ Pete Medium Load Member

    483
    853
    Dec 27, 2017
    0
    Is that when it went bad?
     
    Tall Mike Thanks this.
  9. AZ Pete

    AZ Pete Medium Load Member

    483
    853
    Dec 27, 2017
    0
    rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  10. Tall Mike

    Tall Mike Road Train Member

    8,250
    42,857
    Aug 20, 2014
    New York State
    0
    Seems like it.
    There was a drop off in the food for sure.
     
    stwik Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

    Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

    Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.