isx cummins fuel prime pump not working

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by HOEM TRUCKING, Jun 29, 2016.

  1. HOEM TRUCKING

    HOEM TRUCKING Bobtail Member

    6
    0
    Jun 29, 2016
    0
    changed filters other day. when I turned the key on I didn't hear the pump. cranked er over wouldn't start . checked power to pump. no power to pump. checked fuses. couldn't find any problems. had to get truck running because I was leaving in the a.m, so I powered it up with a power probe. fired right up. trucks been shut off and turned back on several times no problems with it not starting. prime pump still isn't working though.
     
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

    Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

    Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

  3. HOEM TRUCKING

    HOEM TRUCKING Bobtail Member

    6
    0
    Jun 29, 2016
    0
    I'll just keep running it I guess. Doesn't effect the way it runs. Just kind of a pain when I change filters. #### it, I just won't change filters. Hahaha!
     
  4. cumminskid123

    cumminskid123 Light Load Member

    107
    59
    Jun 21, 2016
    Manitoba, Canada
    0
    get me your engine serial number, year and model of your truck, and ill let you know what you should check, sounds like you just have a wiring issue
     
  5. HOEM TRUCKING

    HOEM TRUCKING Bobtail Member

    6
    0
    Jun 29, 2016
    0
     
  6. HOEM TRUCKING

    HOEM TRUCKING Bobtail Member

    6
    0
    Jun 29, 2016
    0
    04 peterbilt 379 as far as engine serial, where I'd that located?
     
  7. 062

    062 Road Train Member

    6,419
    34,345
    Oct 20, 2013
    0
    Drivers side of motor will have a tag top left with serial number. I think there's a relay for the lift pump on the side of motor.
     
    HOEM TRUCKING Thanks this.
  8. HOEM TRUCKING

    HOEM TRUCKING Bobtail Member

    6
    0
    Jun 29, 2016
    0
    79014173
     
  9. pup

    pup Light Load Member

    252
    256
    Dec 3, 2011
    n.h.
    0
    there is a fuse & a relay on the drivers side in the engine harness. Fuse is a spade type under a cover should be near the intake elbow. the relay should be close by. I have seen the pumps fail & cause the fuse to blow. the pump will run if powered by an alternate source yet will draw too many amps.
     
    HOEM TRUCKING Thanks this.
  10. HOEM TRUCKING

    HOEM TRUCKING Bobtail Member

    6
    0
    Jun 29, 2016
    0
    At a quick glance I did see a relay wasn't able to locate fuse. I'll take a close look when I have more time. Thank you
     
  11. pcfreak

    pcfreak Heavy Load Member

    835
    387
    Apr 22, 2007
    Alberta, Canada
    0
    Had the same issue on my 2014 Pete with the ISX. Mine has two relays in that same location. One that was easy to find was for my fuel heater in the filter assembly on the frame. The one for the primer pump was well hidden behind some wiring nearby. Took some searching until I found it. Fuse was good, but relay crapped out. Replaced and all was good.
     
    HOEM TRUCKING Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

    Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

    Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.