Got a job offer from Cypress Truck Lines

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by nextgentrucker, Jan 12, 2024.

  1. nextgentrucker

    nextgentrucker Road Train Member

    1,717
    1,635
    Sep 25, 2023
    Port Saint Lucie, Fl
    0
    Hey guys! Just wanted to update you guys on my job search, so as the title say, I got on with Cypress Truck Lines, Orientation is 5 days, three days at home and two days at the yard/terminal. Technically, I start Orientation on Monday but they already send me everything I need to do on Tenstreet, so I have plenty of time to do them. I leave for Jacksonville on Wednesday for the rest of the orientation, so I wanted to know for those of you that have worked for Cypress what should I expect, and in general, do you guys have any advice for me, before I start this new career and go OTR, I'm 25 and like to keep to myself, I plan on doing trucking for a long time but depend on how things are in the future I might go back to my old industry. Btw, they made me do a drug and physical test, does my old DOT card still active, can I still use it and when it expires use the new one I have now? My old one is expiring in 2025 and the new one is expiring in 2026 Thanks!
     
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

    Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

    Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

  3. North Pole Nightmare

    North Pole Nightmare Road Train Member

    1,064
    2,298
    Dec 15, 2021
    0
    They always need a drug test for new employees,and most want a new DOT physical.Update your new physical with your dmv soon as it's completed.
    They should pay for it,or send you to their current examiner.
     
    nextgentrucker Thanks this.
  4. nextgentrucker

    nextgentrucker Road Train Member

    1,717
    1,635
    Sep 25, 2023
    Port Saint Lucie, Fl
    0
    I already have the new DOT card, so I need to update it to the DMV too? Won't I pay do for that?
     
  5. lual

    lual Road Train Member

    5,814
    10,730
    Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
    0
    nextgen,

    CON-GRA-TU-LA-TIONS -- on your job offer from Cypress!!!

    Sink your teeth in there, & don't let go -- FOR AT LEAST A YEAR.

    Longer would be even better -- with regard to how future prospective carriers will later view you.

    I think you have a GREAT opportunity to learn flatbed in a somewhat warmer environment (Florida in wintertime).

    Kudos!

    -- L
     
    nextgentrucker Thanks this.
  6. North Pole Nightmare

    North Pole Nightmare Road Train Member

    1,064
    2,298
    Dec 15, 2021
    0
    nextgentrucker Thanks this.
  7. Speedy356

    Speedy356 Medium Load Member

    654
    4,335
    Oct 13, 2021
    0
    Btw, they made me do a drug and physical test, does my old DOT card still active, can I still use it and when it expires use the new one I have now? My old one is expiring in 2025 and the new one is expiring in 2026 Thanks![/QUOTE]

    I would take your new card to DMV to give them a copy, then you don’t have to keep track of when your old card expires.
    As far as there concerned, your old card is expired when you passed the new physical.
     
    nextgentrucker Thanks this.
  8. nextgentrucker

    nextgentrucker Road Train Member

    1,717
    1,635
    Sep 25, 2023
    Port Saint Lucie, Fl
    0
    I would take your new card to DMV to give them a copy, then you don’t have to keep track of when your old card expires.
    As far as there concerned, your old card is expired when you passed the new physical.[/QUOTE]

    Cool! Thanks!
     
    Speedy356 Thanks this.
  9. nextgentrucker

    nextgentrucker Road Train Member

    1,717
    1,635
    Sep 25, 2023
    Port Saint Lucie, Fl
    0
    Thanks man! I can just do it online.
     
  10. nextgentrucker

    nextgentrucker Road Train Member

    1,717
    1,635
    Sep 25, 2023
    Port Saint Lucie, Fl
    0
    Thank you! I plan on staying for at least 1 year, maybe 2 years if they are decent, and since they are somewhat close to me ( Headquartered in Florida ) so they can get me home whenever I want to, plus I would assume 2 years of FlatBed experience would look good in any employer's eyes right? I'll do my time then jump into Tanker and make my money.
     
    Sully92 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

    Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

    Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.