FINALLY! Great tasting truckstop coffee!

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Scooter Jones, Sep 29, 2017.

  1. Scooter Jones

    Scooter Jones Road Train Member

    9,551
    19,979
    Apr 19, 2011
    0
    I can't stand most truckstop coffee, bitter, old & stale tasting. Until now! Pilot/Flying J is rolling out a new coffee via a fresh ground/brewed option. I've had it three times now and am extremely impressed by the richness and taste.

    I took this photo today at the Flying J in Aurora, OR. Each machine has three different bean options, so, in this photo there are 6 different options. Place your cup, tap the screen, tap the cup size, tap the bean option and voila! Fresh coffee! 0929171123.jpg
     
    JReding, fargonaz, QuietStorm and 8 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

    Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

    Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

  3. STexan

    STexan Road Train Member

    14,963
    29,179
    Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    0
    I meant to post this a few days ago. Lady out in Tucson Pilot turned me on to that. Pretty good. @Dave_in_AZ might even appreciate that coffee.
     
    tucker, Dave_in_AZ and Scooter Jones Thank this.
  4. Scooter Jones

    Scooter Jones Road Train Member

    9,551
    19,979
    Apr 19, 2011
    0
    Won't be long before Love's & TA/Petro follow suit.
     
    Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  5. Dave_in_AZ

    Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

    63,546
    449,246
    May 4, 2015
    0
    Looks far out. But I'm in full boycott of PFJ at the moment. I may bend a little depending on how things look Sunday.

    Maverick and some other places have Hi-Rev. The dude blowing a fire ring out his scooter lol. That's the kind. PFJ has a version of that. Petro & TA call it Extreme. When it's fresh, nothing better. I have a bag of Starbucks ( Which the Church is against ) Sumatra in the truck. That's the kind. I still have to make a decision on a maker though.

    Love's simply doesn't have coffee.

    My last trip out and back. Out of about 10 large cups of coffee, think I paid for 4. That's an acceptable ratio. lol. Not stealing either, just comp'd lol.
     
  6. Jazz1

    Jazz1 Road Train Member

    2,373
    4,971
    May 7, 2012
    Thunder Bay On
    0
    There was similar machine at Canada Customs at Sarnia On. One cuppers pressed coffee is great!
     
  7. Scooter Jones

    Scooter Jones Road Train Member

    9,551
    19,979
    Apr 19, 2011
    0
    I have a nice Keurig machine on my truck. I buy the Starbucks Sumatra pods in bulk via Costco online. I run the water through twice on the same pod and get a 20 ounce cup of coffee for an average of .58 per pod.
     
    Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  8. Studebaker Hawk

    Studebaker Hawk Road Train Member

    3,042
    9,936
    Oct 18, 2010
    NW Indiana
    0
    Let's see how good it is after 6 months of incompetent maintenance from minimum wage truck stop employees.
     
  9. stayinback

    stayinback Road Train Member

    3,911
    8,259
    Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    0

    lol so true on that 1
     
  10. poppapump1332

    poppapump1332 Road Train Member

    2,986
    2,464
    Jan 2, 2010
    birdsboro,pa
    0
    Glad I have wawa here in pa!
     
    Studebaker Hawk Thanks this.
  11. rabbiporkchop

    rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

    9,688
    6,562
    Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    0
    I figured that would happen in Seattle Washington or Portland Oregon before it got to the rest of the country
     
  • Truckers Report Jobs

    Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

    Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.