Best/cheapest place to buy tires?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by IUFAN87, Nov 13, 2012.

  1. IUFAN87

    IUFAN87 Light Load Member

    220
    31
    Jun 22, 2009
    All Over
    0
    Looking to buy a new set of Continental HDL drives. Where is the best/cheapest place to get them?
     
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

    Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

    Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

  3. SHC

    SHC Spoiled Rotten Brat O/O

    8,484
    7,048
    Feb 26, 2011
    Westville, IN
    0
    National Account....

    if u can't get them thru one, then I'd suggest going to a few T/A locations and see what kind of deals you can get. They have the best prices on tires usually.
     
  4. Mommas_money_maker

    Mommas_money_maker Road Train Member

    1,122
    765
    Oct 2, 2011
    North Carolina
    0
    Get an OOIDA membership and go to LOVES. Not sure if they do continental tires but the OOIDA membership will get you discounts and most of the time I have found that loves has the better prices when I have shopped around. Speedco is another place to check out at times as they will have deals.
     
  5. Old Man

    Old Man Road Train Member

    4,597
    13,471
    Apr 3, 2009
    Oklahoma City, OK
    0
    Buy them in states that don't charge sales tax on truck tires, GA, KS,IL,IN,OH,PA WA,MO and probably some others. You do need a DOT number to be exempt in some states.
     
  6. alex2633

    alex2633 Bobtail Member

    8
    0
    Oct 1, 2012
    0
    Sapp Bros exit 73 I-80
     
  7. SierraMike

    SierraMike Bobtail Member

    39
    16
    Oct 16, 2012
    Albuquerque, NM
    0
    I get mine in Albuquerque at a/b tire. I dont know if they carry Continental, but I pay about $4200 for a full set of toyos. virgin steer and recap drives.
     
  • Truckers Report Jobs

    Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

    Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.